Hey Chicago, we finally made it to February! If you’ve got a partner, you might be thinking about Valentine’s Day coming up. But we’re in the midst of a pandemic, and there aren’t a lot of places open. If you and your Valentine are wondering what to do this year on Valentine’s Day, you’ve come to the right place! Here are some things to do this V-Day:
- Watch a virtual live-streamed concert. If you and your partner are looking to get your concert fix this Valentine’s day, you can live-stream a concert online this year. Josh Groban is hosting a special virtual concert on the 14th, and other artists will likely host their own virtual shows as well!
- Go to a drive-in movie. If your own computer and TV screens are boring you, you and your Valentine should visit a nearby drive-in movie theater. ChiTown Movies will be showing Lady and the Tramp this V-Day!
- Visit the Art Institute’s Monet at Chicago. According to Time Out, Claude Monet’s U.S. debut in 1895 was held at the Art Institute of Chicago. The museum was the first in America to purchase one of Monet’s paintings. Buy a ticket and spend some time in Monet’s exhibit at the Art Institute with your honey, and enjoy some of the paintings by “the father of Impressionism.” They even have virtual lines to wait to maximize social distancing!
- Take a virtual wine tasting, cooking/cocktail making class, paint and sip, etc. There are several Chicago venues that are offering virtual ways to have dates. For example, Momotaro in Chicago is hosting a virtual Confections & Cocktails class where you’ll learn to make a mochi dessert and their special Valentine’s Day cocktail!
- Simply enjoy a romantic dinner date. This Valentine’s Day, you and your partner can cozy up on an outdoor patio or order in from your favorite romantic Chicago restaurant. Choose Chicago made a list of romantic restaurants in the area to enjoy your night with your love.
Whatever you choose to do this Valentine’s Day with your honey, have fun and stay safe!
You can check out more of our blogs at www.chicagoentertainmentagency.com/blog.