Entertainment Management Internship Application
Location: Chicago, IL
Compensation: Unpaid with college credit available
Length of Internship: 12 weeks
Are you passionate about music? Do you enjoy building relationships and getting to know people? Are you interested in a career in artist management, talent booking, or event planning? Then you might be the perfect candidate!
Chicago Entertainment Agency is seeking an Entertainment Management Intern that will play a vital role in the management of our members and clients. This intern will work with the CEA management team to learn the ins and outs of artist management, business marketing, and event sales under supervision from the Entertainment Manager. They will learn about and assist in event entertainment curation and talent buying. Candidates should be organized, have a positive attitude, and be able to work in teams.
This is an in-office, in-person internship. We do not have virtual opportunities available at this time.
- Manage the main email account and respond accordingly
- Manage social media and marketing
- Assist with client and member relations
- Curate a variety of client events
- Schedule and book bands, musicians, and other entertainment services
- Negotiate prices
- Write, review, and send contracts
- Develop outreach strategies to increase memberships and client retention
- Create timelines for event logistics
- Create and maintain databases and documents
- Edit and update website as needed
- Execute and ensure event quality
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
- How to book talent
- How to curate an event
- How to manage a system of registrations and applications
- How to follow proper procedure while planning an event
- How to build relationships with clients and vendors
- How to manage and improve social media
- How to write sales copy and develop an effective marketing campaign
- How to become a good salesperson
- How to write a contract
- Internship hours are Wednesday through Friday, 10AM-4PM. Internship start/end dates are dependent on school schedule and semester dates.
- Must be a current college student or recent graduate
- Candidates should be enthusiastic about music, events, and talent booking
- Candidate must have a positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Must have moderate to advanced understanding of Microsoft Excel, Office and Google Drive
- Fluency in Spanish preferred (not required)
WHY WORK FOR CHICAGO ENTERTAINMENT AGENCY?
Chicago Entertainment Agency is a scalable, creative team with decades of experience offering award-winning services. We consult, manage, and book entertainment for all kinds of events for all types of clients in Chicago and beyond.
Sound like the job for you? Fill out the application form below. Incomplete applications will not be considered. We look forward to hearing from you!