Honey Cellar is a folk rock band based in Chicago. Their rich vocal harmonies, vibrant instrumentals, and earnest lyrics make each show an intimate yet electrifying experience.
Their debut album, In Our Time, was released in August 2020. Nine original songs showcase the band’s folk roots built on a backbone of rock rhythm and introspective lyrics. The lead singers’ dynamic vocal harmonies rise to the powerhouse wail of the Civil Wars and soften to the haunting duet of Better Oblivion Community Center. Alongside these voices the Irish-inspired mandolin and violin soar, weaving in and out of center stage like a third voice.
We can play a full set of originals that sound so warm and fuzzy, you’ll think they’re old classics. Or we can play a mix of our originals and folk, rock, and indie covers. We can also prepare requested songs with advanced notice. Here are some covers we’ve performed in the past:
- Home – Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros
- Bellyache – Billie Eilish
- Take Me Home, Country Roads – John Denver
- All These Things That I’ve Done – The Killers
- That Don’t Impress Me Much – Shania Twain
- Dreams – The Cranberries
- Four Winds – Bright Eyes
- Dearly Departed – Shakey Graves
- Corazón en la maleta – Luis Fonsi